Job Number: 00120401
Job Posting: Apr 20, 2017, 3:48:55 PM
Closing Date: May 21, 2017, 12:59:00 AM Full-time A.M. P.M.
Collective Bargaining Unit: None Posting Salary: COMPETITIVE SALARY
Organization: Health and Hospital Systems
Under the direction of the Director of Programmatic Services and Innovation or their designee, the Research Assistant will provide support and recommendations for the research and analysis regarding evidence-based approaches, best practices and research regarding novel approaches to support proposal development and design for innovative health care programs and initiatives. Reviews appropriate literature and bodies of research to present sound recommendations for service and innovation development. Supports the Research Manager by completing documents such as literature reviews, research summaries and meta-analysis for specific issues as needed. Researches areas will include a variety of content areas including but not limited to: behavioral health, justice involved and vulnerable populations, population health and quality improvement and maternal and child health.
- Conducts research through online searches, journal reviews, and other scholarly documents and journals.
- Writes summaries and documents of complex topics succinctly for review by Research Manager.
- Reviews existing material on relevant subjects, such as books, newspaper and journal articles, internet resources, published data and create summarized reports for further pursuit.
- Supports the Research Manager in any administrative responsibilities regarding research efforts.
- Provides research and analysis to define, segment and prioritize reach out to influential partners; translates research into practical, applicable knowledge and tactics.
- Drafts interview questions and surveys for primary research needs.
- Conducts interviews and surveys as needed by the research manager.
- Gathers material for review by Research Manager.
- Prepares information that will be included in grant applications and funding proposals.
- Analyzes the data and preparing reports, graphs and tables when needed.
- Conduct interviews with subject matter experts within CCHHS or within the field of focus in order to inform the proposal development.
- Provide recommendations regarding proposal feasibility based on the research process and review of the current best practice.
- Review current trends and data and present emerging issues and data for review and engagement.
- Provide summaries of model projects for possible implementation.
- Provide research support to Principal Investigators as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Sciences, Urban Studies, Business/Finance, Public Administration or related field of study from an accredited college or university. (must provide official transcripts at time of interview)
- Three (3) years of full-time research work experience (is required)
- Prior work experience supporting research projects or supporting Principal Investigators.(is required)
- Must be able to work flexible hours based on project needs or timelines (is required)
- Knowledge of innovative and best practice health care programs and initiatives throughout the country
- Knowledge of developing comprehensive literature reviews and best practice scans
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with individuals in varied professions composed of diverse cultures and age groups
- Strong analytical skills
- Comprehensive computer skills to effectively manipulate and present data
- Skill in supervising individuals and team efforts
- Ability to provide clear and concise summaries of complex information
- Ability to develop logic and project models
- Ability to develop and maintain work with team members that consist of a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal staff and external stakeholders
- Superior organizational ability and attention to detail ability to meet firm deadlines
When applying for employment with the Cook County Health & Hospitals System, preference is given to honorably discharged Veterans who have served in the Armed Forces of the United States for not less than 6 months of continuous service
To take advantage of this preference a Veteran must:
Meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
Identify self as a Veteran on the employment application by answering yes to the question by answering yes to the question, Are you a Military Veteran?
Attach a copy of their DD 214, DD 215 or NGB 22 (Notice of Separation at time of application filing. Please note: If you have multiple DD214s, 215s, or NGB 22S, Please submit the one with the latest date. Coast Guard must submit a certified copy of the military separation from either the Department of Transportation (Before 9/11) or the Department of Homeland Security (After 9/11). Discharge papers must list and Honorable Discharge Status. Discharge papers not listing an Honorable Discharge Status are not acceptable.
A copy of a valid State ID Card or Driver's License which identifies the holder of the ID as a Veteran, may also be attached to the application at time of filing.
If items are not attached, you will not be eligible for Veteran Preference
VETERANS MUST PROVIDE ORIGINAL APPLICABLE DISCHARGE PAPERS OR APPLICABLE STATE ID CARD OR DRIVER'S LICENSE AT TIME OF INTERVIEW.
MUST MEET ALL REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OF APPLICATION FILING.
Degrees awarded outside of the United States with the exception of those awarded in one of the United States' territories and Canada must be credentialed by an approved U.S. credential evaluation service belonging to the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or the Association of International Credential Evaluators (AICE). Original credentialing documents must be presented at time of interview.
Please note all offers of Employment are contingent upon the following conditions: satisfactory professional & employment references, healthcare and criminal background checks, appropriate licensure/certifications and the successful completion of a physical and pre-employment drug screen.
CCHHS is strictly prohibited from conditioning, basing or knowingly prejudicing or affecting any term or aspect of County employment or hiring upon or because of any political reason or factor.
COOK COUNTY HEALTH AND HOSPITALS SYSTEM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER